MSS Response to Coronavirus
26th May 2020
We have been working hard during lock-down to review how we work and I’m delighted to advise that we intend to resume our face to face Nurse Screening and Doctor Medical examination services with effect from the 1st June.
The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our demanding standards to an even higher level. For us, good isn’t good enough and the steps we’ve taken will ensure the safety and wellbeing of our medical examiners and customers alike. At all times, this remains of paramount importance and has been and will continue to be at the forefront of our minds in everything that we do.
We have implemented a multi-pronged approach with new protocols to cater for the current circumstances. These protocols and procedures have been designed to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19 and include:
- Updated staff training on the latest guidelines
- Pre-screening customers before booking appointments
- Wearing of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Increased use of disposable equipment including single use tourniquets, blood pressure cuff barriers
- Cleaning and disinfecting of equipment such as iPads and stethoscopes
We don’t know when the COVID-19 pandemic will be over or when our lives will return to some sort of normalcy and until that time comes I want you to know that we will continue to work hard to look for new ways to help, and that we remain committed to doing whatever it takes to support our customers.
Should you have any queries or need any further information then please email [email protected]
23rd March 2020
We regret to inform you that due to the Coronavirus and in order to ensure the safety of our customers as well as that of our medical examiners, and in line with Government guidance, we have decided to temporarily postpone delivery of our face to face medical examination and screening services. Any new cases received are being placed on hold and no appointment will be arranged for the time being. Please note that our GPR and iGPR services currently remain unaffected and these services are operating as normal.
Our priority remains delivering a high standard of client service for you and I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
20th March 2020
The COVID-19 situation continues to develop at pace, with the most recent announcement recommending that those of us who can, work from home. Whilst we are complying with government advice as it develops, we wanted to assure you that we have the resource, systems and infrastructure to continue to deliver our services in the usual way and to support any of your changing requirements over this period. Our priority remains delivering a high standard of client service for you.
The following summarises our current position:
Our Business Continuity Management Team has been in place for some time leading our response. This senior team are meeting daily to pre-empt and plan our approach to events as they develop and to flex our business planning as appropriate. This proactive approach will continue for the duration of this pandemic.
• We have already taken a number of steps to comply with government guidance by stopping non-essential business travel, postponing events and moving to using video and teleconference facilities over the last few weeks.
• Following the government’s announcement on 16 March, the majority of our people are now working from home. As a business, we are already set up to work in an agile way and so are able to respond quickly to this advice.
• We still continue to operate a ‘business as usual’ service to you and you can continue to contact us via the usual office telephone numbers, mobile numbers and email.
• We do expect greater restrictions on movement etc and are looking at ways we can adapt our service proposition whilst still continuing to provide you with what you need.
• We also have some common business collaboration tools that we can use to support how we work remotely with you.
We know that we will all face many challenges and assure you that we have the scale, flexibility, determination and resilience to be able to continue to support you in the coming weeks. Should you have any queries then please do get in touch directly with your usual MSS contact or via our dedicated email address [email protected] .